We support the HSE’s strategic themes
Acting together – Promoting broader ownership of health and safety
Tackling ill health – Highlighting and tackling the costs of work-related ill health
Managing risk well – Simplifying risk management
Keeping pace with change – Anticipating and tackling new health and safety challenges
Sharing our success – Promoting the benefits of a health and safety system
What’s our safeguarding policy?
We recognise and support the aims of the NSPCC’s Child Protection in Sport unit which has a mission is to build the capacity of sports to safeguard children and young people in and through sport and to enable sports organisations to lead the way in keeping children safe from harm. https://thecpsu.org.uk/ They aim to achieve this by:
- Being a lead voice, champion
- Providing expert safeguarding and child protection advice
- Contributing safeguarding knowledge to policies, procedures and programmes
- Developing and delivering sports specific training, resources and guidance
- Coordinating, lobbying and advocating on behalf of the sector in response to government consultations
- Supporting research into a range of issues, developing understanding and an evidence base
- Consulting with children and young people
Based on current guidelines, we have developed the following safeguarding policies and procedures.
SCLC Safeguarding Children Policy
SCLC Safeguarding Children – Reporting Procedure
SCLC Vulnerable Adults Policy
Do you use CCTV?
We operate CCTV throughout our centres for security, safety and good management purposes.
What Lifeguarding Standards do we work to?
All our lifeguards are qualified with the Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). http://www.rlss.org.uk/
Do we have defibrillators on site?
We are equipped with an AED (Automated External Defibrillators) and trained staff are on duty at all times. Here are a couple of sites for further reading.
How to report safety or safeguarding concerns
If you have any concerns relating to safety or safeguarding, please report it directly to a member of staff at the centre, call and speak to the duty manager or complete the form below.