Stocksbridge & Upper Don Ward – Councillors’ Priorities
Covering the areas of: Stocksbridge, Deepcar, Wharncliffe Side, Bolsterstone
Councillors’ ward pots aim to support stronger, successful communities by making grants available to local voluntary, community, and self-help groups and projects. If your organisation can contribute to your local area, you may be eligible for funding.
Please note that the minimum amount that you can apply for is £250
Councillors will prioritise supporting communities to recover from Covid-19.
Groups and organisations applying to the ward pot must comply with Covid-19 guidelines and have any necessary Covid risk assessments in place for applications to be considered.
Please refer to the Governments national guidance that applies across England.
1 Our Environment & Green Spaces
- Develop the capacity and support local community organisations that deliver activities to improve the environment and green spaces
- Work with AMEY, local developers and the Council’s Transport, Traffic and Parking Services to ensure that residents are kept well informed about the ‘Streets Ahead’ road improvement programme
- Support cleaner and greener communities by working to tackle climate change
2. All Our People
- Work with service providers and local community organisations / youth groups to ensure young people have access to activities and are supported in their options around education, training and work
- Encourage local groups and organisations to work in partnership.
- Encourage activities that deal with social isolation, mental health and provide support to the vulnerable
- Support projects which provide help to managing your money & other finances
- Support digital inclusion projects
- Supporting road safety projects and initiatives to improve general community safety
3. Supporting the Local Community, Businesses & Economy to Grow
- Develop the capacity and support local community groups so that they can run a range of community activities or services across the ward
- Support the development of community facilities, such as Community and Leisure Centre’s to ensure they provide a range of activities and are well used
- Provide opportunities for local organisations to promote themselves and their activities
- Support local businesses and shop locally to assist the locally economy to recover
- Champion enhancements to public transport
- Support communities to recover from Covid-19
You can access the funding applications on the council webpage by clicking on the following link – Ward pots (sheffield.gov.uk)
Please send completed applications to email@example.com